Most of the ARQUIMEA’s components and services are designed to serve the space sector. The space components market is characterized by the following features:
- High-reliability performance requirements
- Specific environmental and mechanical requirements, including performance under radiation environment.
- Limited production volumes
- Limited number of suppliers or actors per technology
- Investment in R&D and innovative technologies
Both ARQUIMEA’s company philosophy and profile fit perfectly in this scenario. ARQUIMEA has focused his products and services on niche technologies that are applicable to space: ARQUIMEA is in the sole European supplier of SMA actuators for space and one of the few European companies developing rad hard analogue technologies for space microelectronics. These developments are being financed by a combination of ESA and national funds.